Exclusive Report: Solutions to Support Employees during Covid-19

Exclusive Report: Solutions to Support Employees during Covid-19

August 12, 2021

Talentnet conducted the 3rd Human Resources Policy Survey during the COVID-19 period with the participation of 112 businesses from different industries such as manufacturing, banking, technology, and many more.

Exclusive Report: Solutions to Support Employees during Covid-19
Solutions to Support Employees during Covid-19

Because of many unpredictable developments of the COVID-19 crisis, Vietnamese businesses face many difficulties in maintaining operations. To help businesses make the right decisions and offer appropriate HR solutions, Talentnet conducted the 3rd Human Resources Policy Survey during the COVID-19 period with the participation of 112 businesses from different industries such as manufacturing, banking, technology, and many more.

The reality is that all companies, no matter the sizes and industries, are severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The survey results show that 66% of participating companies do not have the policy to support working from home while the remaining 34% will pay a one-time allowance or a monthly allowance for employees. This indicates that while some businesses have quickly implemented human resource policies to support employees, most have little to no experience in dealing with the effects of COVID-19, therefore have not yet come up with appropriate policies.

However, most businesses are focusing on ensuring that health care and employee support programs during the COVID-19 period are maximized. The survey shows that 42% of companies pay 100% of salary according to the contract, and support a part of the COVID-19 treatment costs and other expenses for infected employees in the lockdown area. In particular, 56% of businesses have prepared vaccination policies for employees.

Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Huong, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Talentnet, said that the current priority of business leaders is to come up with appropriate solutions to support employees to work and maintain performance while coping with the epidemic. In addition to vaccine support programs, the 3rd COVID-19 survey also highlights the importance of health communication and employee engagement programs during the work-from-home period.

Through this survey, Talentnet hopes that we have provided useful information for business leaders and human resources experts in making suitable HR policies and arrangements while helping to protect employees’ health and safety.

To download the full survey, please click here

Let's talk

Let's talk

Coming soon: Live Panel about Labour law & Social Insurance

Live Panel: Labour Inspection, Work Permit and Draft Law on Social Insurance (amended)

26th June, 2024 | Live on Quickom platform

Save your slot

Newsletter

Added to cart
CEO Chat: Aligning Tech & People for Sustainable Growth Package: Early bird View cart
Unable to add more items. Your cart can only proceed with 01 single item.
Your cart is empty. Please add new items to continue!