THE MAKEOVER 2023: Diverse Perspectives on Business Innovation
October 20, 2023
On October 18th 2023, Talentnet Corporation successfully organized the first day of The Makeover 2023 with the participation of 20+ speakers who are innovative strategies, leading experts from around the world with the theme: “Crafting Change”.
The Makeover – Day 01 presentations here
Click here to view highlights of The Makeover 2023 – Day 02: “Sharpening Change” – Talentnet-Mercer Total Remuneration Survey Report 2023.
The Makeover is not just another generic event, but also a place to change the thinking of business leaders about innovation and creativity in human resources management strategies.
More specially, The Makeover has invited Andreas Ekström – a world-class TED Talk speaker who has spoken in 30 countries and is the world’s leading expert on the issue surrounding social awareness on digital platforms from Switzerland, and many senior leaders from around the world and high-class speakers from leading businesses in Vietnam:
1. Mr. Andreas Ekström
Spoken in over 30 countries with several awards
Swedish “Speaker of the year” award in 2019
Author and digital futurist
Author of the best-seller “The Google Code”
2. Dr. Son Do Lenh – PhD EPFL, Harvard Research | Head of Experience, Wealth Management Technology, Leading private bank in Switzerland
3. Mr. Ben Burrowes – Regional Director – Asia, Education New Zealand (ENZ)
4. Mr. Alan Malcolm – Head of Partnerships, Udemy
5. Ms. Akshita Shetty – CHRO of SAP South East Asia, Interim HR Leader for Customer Success of SAP APJ, SAP
6. Mr. Johan Nyvene – Chairman, Ho Chi Minh City Securities (HSC)
7. Mr. Andrea Campagnoli – Partner, Head of Vietnam office, Bain & Company Inc
8. Mr. Brook Taylor – CEO Asset Management, VinaCapital
9. Mr. Le Tri Thong – Vice Chairman & CEO, PNJ
10. Ms. Tieu Yen Trinh – Founder & CEO, Talentnet Corporation
11. Ms. Tran Thi Ai Lien – CHRO, AIA Vietnam
12. Ms. Trinh Mai Phuong – Vice President – Human Resources, Unilever Vietnam
13. Mr. Abhishek Mathur – Founder & Managing Partner, Potential Lab Ltd.
14. Mr. Nguyen Khac Nguyen – Vice President, ACB
15. Ms. Nguyen Ha Trang – HR Director, PepsiCo Foods Vietnam
16. Ms. Alexis Pham – Chief People Officer, Home Credit Vietnam
17. Ms. Tran Thi Thuy Hang – HR Director, Bosch Global Software Technologies Vietnam
18. Mr. An Bui – Head of Business Marketing, TikTok Vietnam
19. Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Huong – Deputy CEO, Talentnet Corporation
20. Mr. Tony Dang Quoc Tuan – Managing Director of Talentnet Singapore
Head of Total Business Solutions, Talentnet Corporation
21. Ms. Ly Ngoc Tran – Head of HR Outsourcing Services, Talentnet Corporation
22. Ms. Nguyen Thi An Ha – Head of Marketing & Strategic Partnership, Talentnet Corporation
Highlights of 10 sessions of The Makeover 2023
In the presentation, CEO Asset Management of VinaCapital – Mr. Brook Taylor shared the global challenges being faced, and from there, it also brings opportunities for Asia’s rising star – Vietnam. Mr. Brook shared: “Vietnam is a Tiger Economy, and it will probably grow and develop to become a unicorn of Asia soon similar to how Taiwan and South Korea did.”
With the perspective of someone who deeply understands the importance of education and culture, Mr. Ben Burrowes – Region Director – Asia, Education New Zealand (ENZ) brings many new perspectives about the success of New Zealand in innovation and moving towards synchronous improvement through the spirit of getting out of the rut, taking advantage of resources to come up with optimal strategies.
As leaders and their companies venture into the process of change and innovation, they have two options: one is to adjust plans based on new ideas to avoid risks, and two is to strengthen their determination to overcome every challenge. Mr. Johan Nyvene, Mr. Andrea Campagnoli, Mr. Le Tri Thong, Ms. Tieu Yen Trinh, and moderator Mr. Tony Dang Quoc Tuan have shared thoughts and strategies to solve difficulties in business change and innovation.
Session D1: Choosing Strategy For Change: Success-Proven Prescriptions
HR leaders of leading businesses in Vietnam – Ms. Tran Thi Ai Lien, Ms. Trinh Mai Phuong, Mr. Abhishek Mathur, and Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Huong sat down, discussed, and came up with an innovative and creative process that can both keep up with the reality of modern business diversity and simplify the process to bring success to businesses.
Session D2: The Rebirth Of HR Skillsets: Beyond The Technical Norms
The workforce in business is becoming more diverse than ever with many generations with many different needs. Therefore, although this unexpected panel of HR expert Ms. Tran Thi Thuy Hang, along with Mr. An Bui and Ms. Nguyen Thi An Ha, has shaped skills that seemed unrelated to human resources but were necessary to engage with their employees, especially the new generation of workers.
Session D3: Evolving Workforce Models For Success
Mr. Nguyen Khac Nguyen, Ms. Nguyen Ha Trang with Ms. Alexis Pham shared their own version of the workforce model that is successfully being applied in their businesses. With Ms. Ly Ngoc Tran as the moderator, the speakers agreed that despite the differences in the model applied, the key factor for innovation remains the change in the mindset of the workforce, and the necessary solutions to promote such changes among employees.
In the process of innovation, businesses need to memorize some key genetic codes in the process of activating their creativity. Ms. Akshita Shetty had some sharing about how businesses can activate the genetic codes of innovation in every HR manager and at the same time how to innovate, be creative outside our safe zone.
To continue the topic of each HR’s genetic codes of innovation, Mr. Alan Malcolm shared some interesting statistics: “40% of the global workforce will need to reskill within 6 months or more to catch up with the change of technology.” In addition, Mr. Alan Malcolm also helped businesses discover and understand methods to elevate HR managers’ importance in various businesses.
To view and download the presentation “How Human Resources Can Drive Innovation In The Modern Of Learning Organisation” of Mr. Alan Malcolm from Udemy, please click here.
Dr. Son Do Lenh, with diverse experiences in academic environments to multinational businesses, shares his profound perspective on the innovation process. For him, the important thing that needs to be noted in “Innovation” is the thought of “n” possibilities. With the “n”, businesses can come up with multiple ideas, approach in many different aspects or test many different ways without being constrained by any factors.
With his special appearance, TED speaker Andreas Ekström had the opportunity to share with Vietnamese’s top business leaders the “7 ways to own the world”. With these 7 ways, Andreas Ekström brought a new perspective so that each individual can have the “upper hand” in the face of all changes, especially with technological shifts.
During the event on 18-19 October, The Makeover welcomed over 1,000 attendees and 26 global speakers sharing about 13 topics of Innovation. Under the theme “not another generic business event,” The Makeover by Talentnet in collaboration with sponsors: PVCFC, PVOil, PNJ, and Sacombank, aims to foster businesses with their innovation through people management strategies.